Tuesday, July 30, 2013

Just call me “Bubbles”



Kind of.

Yesterday was such a busy day for me and meg. We were on the go most of the day! On top of work, kiddos, cleaning, errands and napping, We got sushi at Mikados with the girls and I got a good 5.5 mile run in with some friends on the boulevard!

Your probably wondering about the title of this post. Lets just say….

I’m a hot mess.

Let me tell you why, and its not even 9 am.

1.I woke up late this morning, because I forgot to set my alarm.

2. I am running low on workout clothes because I am a professional laundry procrastinator. Hot orange Nike Pros it is.

3. I didn’t shower last night after the run, because I was planning on waking up first thing to sweat anyway. {Lets just forget how gross that is.}

4. I needed to shave my armpits. So I did a quick shave with hand soap by the sink. {Classy, I know.}

5. I headed out my run. Garmin- Check, HR monitor- check, Pandora 30h!3 radio- check!


6. In the first half mile I was looked down to adjust my running belt and I tripped and fell. One of those slow motion, to my freaking face, FALL.

I caught myself with my chest. Not my face.



This run is off to a great start.

I picked myself off and got to running. I felt great!

Probably the best I have felt running in a few weeks.

My heart rate was exactly where it needed to be and I have shaved off OVER a minute of my normal average pace!

7. At around mile 3 I looked down and had bubbles coming from my armpits… Yea. If you shave with hand soap you should probably rinse off the soap.

You can now call me “Bubbles”

8. Home. Just in time to realize that HOT orange nike pros show swass.


9. I burned my breakfast.

10. My kids are still sleeping and I have to leave in 10 minutes.

Peace out!

What is your “HOT MESS” story of the day?

Monday, July 29, 2013

Sunset City

Happy Monday!

Seriously. Does anyone love Mondays as much as I do?

Yesterday, I started the day with a quick walk around the neighborhood with a few of my ladies. Meg and Maria are staying at my house for the GPP intensive this weekend and my neighbor Mindy who is ready to have a baby girl! We walked for about a half hour.

After the walk we headed to GPP to wrap up the last day of the intensive. I love the GPP intensives and although I have been at GPP for awhile I always learn something new. These intensives are amazing! At the GPP intensive we teach you all about GPP. Neil goes over the GPP mandate and philosophy, movements, nutrition and much more!

We spent the afternoon hanging with the kids and T even had his first “shave”!


Lately, he has loved to follow in our footsteps.. he will say “I want to be like you” Its pretty dang cute!

We decided to do a quick Trader Joes run for some TJ essentials and then I took Meg and Maria to my favorite trail run. We just hiked about 3 miles of it before a storm came in. Amy (BF and trainer @GPP) came with us too.



{Photo credit: Meg!}

We had a great hike, talking and laughing. The weather was perfect.. minus the little rain. But the sunset was amazing!

Bountiful really does have some pretty breathtaking sunsets! Had to take the girls to experience it for themselves!


We hung out for awhile and watched the sunset. Walking on the Boulevard is probably my favorite activity on Sundays. I take my fam up there every week to walk and watch the sunset.

Bountiful sunsets never get old.

We have plans for sushi tonight and a fun trial run!

What is your favorite activity on Sundays?

Essentials at Trader Joes?

Saturday, July 27, 2013

Bear Lake Run and Fun.

On Thursday night my little family and I headed to Bear Lake to spend time with my husbands side of the family. We got up pretty late and just went straight to bed.

Friday morning I woke up bright and early to tackle 14 miles. Kind of.


It was probably the worst long run ever.


But the views were beautiful and the temperature was perfect.


Bear lake really is one of my favorite places to run. I was just a little sleep deprived and my stomach was really bothering me. I’m thinking banana bread with m&m’s wasn’t the best pre run fuel… I wasn’t feeling the run AT all. Maybe, because I was a little anxious to just get to the lake. I just kept telling myself, one more mile, just one more mile. It never got better but it gone done.

Post run I made a shake using Diesel protein {LOVING it}, half banana, berries, water and spinach!

It was perfect!

The remainder of the day was spent at the LAKE!

We went boating, tubing, wakeboarding, lounging, and ski dooing!


We had a blast and hung out literally all DAY!


We came home and had a BBQ!

This morning my SIL woke up early and got a quick tabata workout in and a run to meet the fam at a chuckwagon breakfast they were having in town.

Breakfast was made complete with this mickey mouse pancake!!

It started to rain later so we spent the next few hours inside watching shows and doing crafts with the kids.

They were pretty excited about it as you can tell..

We packed up and headed home!

Kids were exhausted.

Needless to say, it was a quiet ride home. After a rough night.

I met up with Maria, Meg and Bobbie and we decided to head out for a hike.


We went for two miles and when we turned around I got stung by a HORNET. BOO!

It was a fun hike regardless.I love hanging out with these girls!

Then we got dinner at Chipotle.

Good vacation, good day!


How do you get through a hard run?

Where is your favorite place to vacation?

Thursday, July 25, 2013

Pioneer Day


The last couple days have been spent celebrating, sweating and eating. You know, all that good stuff that makes life awesome!

Pioneer day is a Utah thing and I love it.

Yesterday, after coaching I tackled this workout.



Everyone loves burpees right?!

This workout is actually one of my favorites! I tend to do it when I go on vacations too because there is no equipment, and you don’t need a ton of room, AND you drip buckets! On the last minute, I like to see how many burpees you can do in the minute! It’s a fun little challenge!

I ran two miles with a friend and called it a day.

I picked Meg up from the airport, and we were on the go most of the day! I’m so excited she is here!

She even brought me a gift!

Diesel protein!

I have been wanting to try this protein for awhile now!! I' had a quick shake with it last night and it was awesome!

We got pedicures with Janetha, rode bikes, and spent some time at the carnival!


The twins had a blast on the rides! It was their first actual carnival ride!

Miss bee also got into my loose glitter.. (not awesome) She was caked with it. This pic does the mess no justice!


For dinner we grilled some kabobs and spent the night out front with some fireworks!

Don’t worry.. I had a lot more food on my plate before I snapped the pic.. We had Chicken kabobs with onion and peppers, kale salad special (from costco) and broccoli! Easy and quick!


It was such a busy and great day!

I am going to bear lake tonight, my half was cancelled..boo.. but I still have a 14 mile run in the books for tomorrow.

Anyone racing this week?

All my Utah peeps? How did you celebrate Pioneer day?

Tuesday, July 23, 2013

Finding Time to Workout


Today Brent went for a bike ride early this morning so I got to sleep in (much needed)! Even the twins slept in! I’ll take it as a win!

Before heading to work this morning, I made a quick bowl of oatmeal before rushing out the door.

I heated up some oats in the microwave with about 1/2 C. of egg whites then added shredded coconut, flaxseed, raspberries, blueberries and about a half scoop of chocolate protein.

Since Brent left early this morning I didn’t get to run this morning and if you don’t get out before 8 am.. It’s a HOT run.

My kids class doesn’t start until 10:30am So, I dropped off the kids at their babysitter’s and headed to GPP to get things ready for kids, and had about 25 minutes before class started. I decided to hurry and try to get my run in! (I have 5 miles on my training plan today) I knew I couldn’t get it all in but I could at least get 2! I ended up with 2.5 in 20 minutes, avg pace 8:00. It was hot outside and figured that was all I could fit in today.

Kids class was awesome!

I absolutely adore each and every one of these kiddos! We always have a blast each week and they are TOUGH!

I picked up my kids right after and had a few errands to run. Plans to hit the pool were sidelined and it was home for lunch!

I made a quick chicken wrap and pretty much inhaled a good share of raspberries! Driscoll raspberries at Costco right now are amazing.

After a quick lunch and an attempt to clean a whole jar of glitter up from Bee’s bed, walls, and carpet. {LONG story..} I got the kids down for a much needed nap!

Finding time to get a workout done can be hard! Especially for moms and those hot chicks with jobs (OR BOTH!) I totally understand the feeling of having so much to do and not enough time to get it done! It can be overwhelming. But once you start making it a plan then it will become a habit!

I’ve started training for my marathon, and I’m finding it a little tough to get my runs in sometimes during the week! Today is a good example of that! But I got in what I could!

After the kids went down, I decided to start a load of laundry and get the rest of my run done on my treadmill.

I HATE running on the treadmill. Really, I dread it.

Have I mentioned before that I own the first treadmill ever?

Really though.

The only perk is that the A/C can be aimed right at my face.

Although I don’t like running on the treadmill it was my only option to get the rest of my run in!

I plugged in my headphones. (Using my daughters baby bed to hold my phone) threw on a little Dubstep radio {Pandora} and got to work!

4 miles went by QUICK! I didn’t eve realize I was already at 4 and I only had to do 3 to get my 5 today! I guess I was in the “zone”. Which is funny cause I was staring at a boring wall. I was nice and sweaty by the end and I feel SO much better! I was a little stressed out today with my kiddos and its amazing what a run will do to reset my patience. Winking smile


I kept my pace at a 8:00 min mile the whole run. I was a nice, easy pace for me and because my tm doesn’t have incline it was pretty flat. Ha!

Total of 6 miles for the day! 

My best advice for making time to workout, is to just DO IT!


It always isn’t going to be at the most convenient time or even place, but you can make time to get it done.

It helps me if I schedule my workout time and tell my husband my plans, that way we are both on the same page and can plan accordingly.

If it just doesn’t workout to get to the gym, you always have your front room! There are so many workouts you can do with whatever you have at home! Equipment or no equipment.


Getting it done is what matters.

My kids and husband always come first but I make sure I make time for myself too!

Working out makes me a happier and more patient mom and wife. Smile 

Now it’s time to get the kiddos up and head to a PARADE! Tomorrow is Pioneer day in Utah, so there is a lot of fun activities going on!

Catch ya’ll later!


How do you make time for your workout?

Monday, July 22, 2013

How to make a Bow tie

After I posted yesterday about the bow ties I got a few emails asking how I did it.

So I’m taking a turn on the blog from a running sweat fest to a crafty craft for 2.2.

First thing is first. I don’t really think of myself as super crafty. In fact, I’m actually crafting inept.

I did use to make bows and sell them back in the day, but its been awhile since I’ve pulled out my handy glue gun.

This is a NO SEW tutorial. I do things the easy way around here..In fact this tutorial is going to be sub par.


1. I don’t measure anything.. ever.

2. You will burn your fingers.

3. You will be surprised how easy it is.

4. I’ll stick to running.


Step one.

Get a cute fabric and cut it into a square. Bigger it is, bigger the bow tie.

Fold both sides into the center {hot dog style} and iron it.

Cut a small square and fold the outsides in the center, overlapping. Take the large rectangle and fold the ends into the center and hot glue them down.

Pinch the center of bow and carefully glue and wrap the smaller piece around the center of the bow.

Then hot glue gun a safety pin {I bought specific bowtie pins at the craft store for this.}

Done and done.

They all turned out pretty darn cute if you ask me.

I even kept a couple for my little guy and made a pink fleece one for bees hair. Smile


We pinned the bow ties to onsies and hung them all around and also laid them on tables and around serving spoons. They were perfect and the best part is that the prego got to keep them all for her little man! Smile


There ya’ go! Let me know if you make them!