Yesterday for breakfast, I definitely could tell I needed to get some fuel in me after being sick and hardly eating a thing on Saturday. Brent asked for some French toast and I immediately thought that would be perfect! Ezekiel sent me some of their new flax bread a little bit ago, so I got right to work!
- 1 whole egg
- 2 egg whites
- 2 tbs vanilla unsweetened almond milk
- Cinnamon- desired amount
- 6 slices of Ezekiel flax bread
Heat griddle to 320 degrees
Spray with olive/coconut oil
Whisk together all ingredients in a shallow square tupperware
Soak piece of Ezekiel bread on each side in mixture
Place on griddle
Cook each side for about 1 minute.
I made my chia jam and protein pb2!
Check out how to make the chia jam here, you will never buy store bought, sugar loaded, store crap again! SO easy!!
*Note: If you want to add a little extra sweetness, use a few drops of nustevia!
For the Protein PB2 its just as simple!
- 2 TBS of PB2 (45cal)
- 2 TBS of chocolate or vanilla whey protein! (I used MRM protein for this.)
Add a little bit of water at a time until desired consistency is achieved. You could get a thick consistency like PB or thinner for syrup!
Simple and QUICK!
The flax gave it such a nutty taste that I absolutely adored! The whole fam enjoyed these as well!
We have been fans of Ezekiel bread for a long time! The nutritional benefits are amazing!
Ezekiel uses sprouted grains! Check out all the benefits from it
"1. Increased Digestibility- The sprouting breaks down starches in grains into simple sugars so your body digest them easily
2. Increased Absorption of Minerals- Sprouting breaks down enzyme inhibitors so your body can more easily absorb calcium,magnesium, iron, copper and zinc.
3. Increased Antioxidants- The sprouting releases more antioxidants that are naturally stored in the grains and seeds.
4. Increased Vitamin C
5. Increased Vitamin B- Including B2, B5 and B6.
You can’t really go wrong with those stats!
You can find Ezekiel bread in the frozen health section of your local grocery store. I pick mine up at Smiths Market Place weekly.
The cinnamon raisin is Brent’s Favorite! I think their english muffins are the BEST toasted!
What is your favorite Breakfast?
*I received Ezekiel bread free for review. I was not compensated for this post, all opinions are my own.